Installing dftly Time Tracker is simple and works like any other application that can be installed from the Salesforce AppExchange. This tutorial walks you through the steps necessary for installation.
Get the dftly Time Tracker mobile app from the Google Play Store or the iTunes Store from Applications. Install the app onto your mobile device.
On the Google Play Store, you can get the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dftly.timeTracker&hl=en.
On the Apple iTunes Store, you can get the app at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dftly-time-tracker/id1122912839?mt=8.
The first time that you use dftly Time Tracker on your mobile phone, you will be asked to register yourself as a dftly Time Tracker user. You will need an App Key, an Employee ID and a PIN to register. You will have received an email with these details. Pleae use those details to register yourself as a dftly Time Tracker user. After the first time, you will only need the PIN to start using the dftly Time Tracker app on your mobile.
The Check In screen lets you choose a Project, a Task and a Work Type by default. If your company has a customized version of dftly Time Tracker, you may see slightly different options on the Checkin screen. Please select the appropriate options from the drop downs that you see on the Checkin Screen. Click on the right hand side of the slider to start recording your work time. You can now continue to use your phone for other tasks, while dftly Time Tracker continues to record your work time in the background. When you complete your work on that specific combination of Project/Task/Worktype, click on the left hand side of the slider to Checkout and stop recording your time. When you start working on another Project / Task, simply choose the appropriate items in the drop-downs and click on the right hand side of the slider to start recording time again.
From the hamburger on the top left hand corner of your mobile app, click on the link that says Hours this Month to see how many hours you have worked during the current month. Click on the link that says Hours this Week to see how many hours you have worked during the current week.
The rest of this documentation is meant for administrators who will install, maintain and run dftly Time Tracker reports.
Pull up dftly Time Tracker AppExchange listing at https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000E1egpUAB.
This is where you begin the install process. To start, click the Get it Now button on the far right of the listing.
If prompted, sign in using your Salesforce credentials or log in as a guest. You may already be logged in. If so, proceed to the next step.
Tell Salesforce whether you are installing to a Production or Sandbox system. Unless you have a Sandbox system and plan to test on that system, we suggest you choose Production.
Inside your Salesforce org, you can review the package details and choose the application access levels. Please note, you can decide which profiles will be given access to dftly Time Tracker. You can start with just admins, give all users access, or choose access for specific profiles. We suggest you give all users access. dftly Time Tracker is handled through licenses; nothing is visible until a license is assigned and can be changed later. Click Install when finished.
The dftly Time Tracker install process now asks you for permission to allow the dftly.com website to send/ receive data from your app. We ONLY store the API Key, API Name and Org Name for your org. We may send you some notifications to your users handset applications when they use dftly Time Tracker. No other information is stored in dftly. To install dftly Time Tracker, you will need to approve Third Party Access.
Click on the check box and click on Continue.
The dftly Time Tracker app will now be installed in your org, for the access level that you have chosen in the previous step.
The dftly Time Tracker app installs quickly. Once the install is complete, you will see the following screen.
Within minutes of completing your install, you will receive an email in your Admin user mailbox.
Congratulations on installing dftly Time Tracker. Just a few steps to configure Time Tracker for your specific Salesforce org and your users will be up and running with the dftly Time Tracker on their mobile handsets.
Here are the steps that you need to do to setup dftly Time Tracker:
1. Authorize dftly Time Tracker to access your Salesforce org
2. Set up the dftly Time Tracker tabs on your org
3. Check out the 8-digit App Key for your org
4. Set up Projects, Tasks and Work Types that are specific for your org
5. Add / Import the list of the users who will use the dftly Time Tracker app.
6. Send an email with the API Key and Employee ID to each of your users. Tell them where to find the dftly Time Tracker mobile app on the Google Play Store or the Android Store. Alternatively, you can email them the dftly Time Tracker apk or IPA that you have received to your users.
When your users need to sync their Time Sheet data to your Salesforce org, they need a secure mechanism to access your org, via dftly Time Tracker. To support that, you need to let Salesforce know that dftly Time Tracker can be allowed to access your org. You only need to do this once, when you install dftly Time Tracker. Salesforce (and dftly Time Tracker) remember your authorization for a year (you can always revoke the authorization from within Salesforce).
· Please note that dftly by default takes the oAuth details of the user that clicks on dftly in the drop down menu (on the right hand side of your menu as described here).
· All data that is created from the handset app will all carry this User-ID as the Created by user.
· So if you want let's say your Human Resource Manager's User-ID to be the Created by user for all handset related data, then you should get him/her to authorize dftly within your org.
· In general though, we suggest that you authorize dftly from your Salesforce Administrator ID. This is because there are chances that you may delete let's say the Human Resource Manager's ID, if that person is no longer in your org.
· When dftly is installed for you, you will see it listed in the right-hand-top drop-down menu in Salesforce. Click on the drop down menu (on the right hand side of your screen).
· Choose dftly Time Tracker oAuth from the drop down. You will see a pop-up page that tells you about dftly Time Tracker wanting to access your Salesforce org. Click on the Allow button to let dftly access oAuth details from your org.
· You will get an email from Salesforce asking you to authorize dftly Time Tracker again, at the end of the year.
You now need to set up the dftly Time Tracker tabs for your org.
· From the All Tabs page, click on the Customize My Tabs button on the right hand side
· Add the dftly Time Tracker tabs beginning with the words “dftly” from the Available Tabs to the Selected Tabs on the right hand side
· You will now see the required tabs for dftly in your menu.
When you installed dftly Time Tracker, you would have received an email with the App Key.The App Key is an 8-character ID that uniquely identifies your org to the dftly Time Tracker app.
· Click on the dftly Time Tracker Apps tab in All Tabs.
· You will now see your App Key listed.
You now need to set up the basic reference data such as Projects, Tasks and Work Types that your users need for tracking their work times.
· Click on the dftly Timesheet Projects tab to set up the Projects that your users need
· Click on the dftly Timesheet Tasks tab to set up the Tasks that your users will be working on
· Click on the dftly Timesheet Work Types tab to set up the Work Types that your users will be working on.
Here are some samples for your information.
You need to set up the users that will be using the dftly Time Tracker app on their mobile handsets.
Click on the dftly Timesheet Users tab on your Main Menu and select the New button. Add all the relevant data as shown below and click on Save / Save & New.
· Prepare your Employee data in a CSV file as shown below
· Click on Setup / Administer/ Data Management link
· Click on the Data Import Wizard
· Click on the Launch Wizard button
· Click on the Custom Objects tab
· Choose dftly Timesheet Users as the object that you want to Import data into. Select the name of your CSV file and click on Next.
· Map all the fields that you want from your CSV file to the appropriate fields in the dftly Timesheet Users table as shown below
· Review the data and click on the Start Import button. Please note that only mapped fields will be imported
· The time taken for your data import is based on the number of records that you are importing. At the end of the import process, you should see the data that you’ve imported in the dftly Timesheet Users tab.
· Send out an email to your dftly Timesheet users with the following format:
With this, you have completed the Installation and Configuration needed for dftly Time Tracker.
dftly Time Tracker default dashboard is in the folder dftly Time Tracker Dashboard folder and the reports are in the dftly Time Tracker Reports folder.